The Keto Diet & How To Get Started
Although ketogenic diet has been around for almost a century, it is rapidly gaining popularity today. There is a reason why keto is so highly regarded. It’s not a fad diet. It actually works, and it has tremendous health benefits in addition to weight loss. When on the keto diet, you are feeding your body exactly what it needs, while eliminating toxins that will slow it down. The keto diet focuses on low carbohydrates, which the body converts into energy to help speed up weight loss.
What Is Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low or zero carbohydrate diet, but it differs from other low-carb diets (such as Paleo) in that it deliberately manipulates the ratios of carbs, fats, and protein to switch fat into the body’s primary source of fuel. Our bodies are used to using carbohydrates as fuel. Fats, which is a secondary source of fuel, are rarely tapped on. That means the extra fat is stored and keeps adding on the pounds.
The Keto Diet is a low-carb and high-fat diet with 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates. This means 70% of your calories are from healthy fats, 25% of calories from healthy proteins, and 5% of calories from carbs.
The only limitation on the diet is sugar, which you need to avoid. The ketogenic diet is not a fad.
Many scientific studies have shown the benefits and healing effects of ketosis.
Discuss the ketogenic diet with your doctor if you are interested in consuming less sugar, losing weight, or as preventive measures against vulnerable health problems.
Benefits Of Keto Diet
Although ketogenic diet is popularly known as a ‘rapid fat loss diet’, it is actually more to this than meets the eye. In fact, weight loss and higher levels of energy are only by-products of the keto diet, a kind of bonus. It has been scientifically proven that the keto diet has many additional medical benefits. Here is a list of actual benefits for lowering your carbohydrates and eating fats that convert to energy:
-Control of Blood Sugar
-Improve Your Health Overall
-Feel full and satisfied
-Help prevent cataracts
What To Eat On A Keto Diet? And Avoid.
Foods to Eat
1. Egg, including yolks
2. All green, leafy vegetables, as well as cauliflower, avocado, mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
3. When choosing dairy, opt for full-fat version of cheeses, butter, sour cream, yogurt, and milk.
4. Eat nuts such as walnuts, almonds, filberts, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Foods to Eat in Moderation
1. Have one serving of root vegetables, such as yams, parsnip, carrots, and turnips per day.
2. Fruits contain sugar, so treat them like candy. One small piece per day.
3. A glass of dry wine, vodka, whiskey and brandy once a week. No cocktails with sugars.
4. A small piece of chocolate with 75 percent or higher cocoa content once a week.
Foods to Avoid
1. Any food containing sugar, including cereals; soft drinks, juices, and sports drinks, candies, and chocolate. Limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible.
2. Starchy food such as pasta and potatoes, breads, potato chips, and french fries, cooking oils, and margarine.
3. All beers.
What’s Keto Flu?
Many people deal with common side effects similar to flu-like symptoms as they become fat adapted after decades of running on carbs. These temporary symptoms are byproducts of dehydration and low carbohydrate levels while your body adjusts:
- Brain fog
- Stomach pain
- Low motivation
The keto flu can often be shortened or avoided completely by taking one keto supplement, which help switch the body into ketosis instantly. They make the transition period much shorter and easier.
Keto Supplements To Boost Ketosis
Ketosis is the state where your body is actually burning fat for energy instead of carbs. Ketosis is extremely hard to obtain on your own and takes weeks to accomplish.
How To Get Into Ketosis In 3 Steps:
- Find Your Macros🥑: Use my FREE Keto Calculator
- Calculating Macros🥘: Use FREE App Cronometer
- Monitoring & Optimizing 🚥: The next step is to begin adjusting the diet so you are making progress towards your goals.
Ketosis Advancedactually helps your body achieve ketosis fast and helps you burn fat for energy instead of carbs!
How It Works:
- Take 2 Ketosis Advanced capsules daily with water.
- Eat keto-friendly meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Enjoy improved energy and focus while our body uses fat for energy!
Are You Ready To Get Started?
Hi, I’m Marc Gil, Founder of Live Well Corner.
You’re ready for a new and improved you. Congratulations.
There are so many wonderful benefits to the ketogenic diet, you can expect many positive changes, both physical and mental. So, let’s not delay and get the journey started with my Keto Meal Plans here, you can choose the keto meal plan right for you. Click Here To Get Started!