Homemade Keto Almond Joy Bars
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup keto maple syrup * See notes
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 24 whole almonds
- 2-3cups chocolate chips of choice ** See notes
- Lightly grease a 12-count brownie pan, square cake pan or square pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, high-speed blender or food processor, combine all your ingredients, except for the almonds and chocolate chips. Blend very well, until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the coconut mixture in the pan, and place the almonds on top of them all. Press the almonds into the coconut bars, to ensure they don’t fall off. If you use a 12-count pan, use 2 almonds per individual cavity. Refrigerate.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Moving quickly, remove the coconut bars and dip each one in the chocolate, until evenly coated. Place on the lined plate and refrigerate until the chocolate has firmed up. Enjoy!
* If you don’t follow a ketogenic diet, you can keep these almond joy bars paleo and vegan, by using pure maple syrup or agave nectar.
** I used stevia sweetened maple syrup. Any chocolate chip of choice can be used.
Homemade Keto Almond Joy Bars (Paleo, Vegan) can keep at room temperature but are best kept refrigerated, for up to 4 months. They are freezer friendly for up to 6 months.
Servings: 24 Bars
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.9mg | NET CARBS: 8g