Keto BARBACOA BEEF.
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 lime, juice
- 2-4 tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3 lbs beef eye of round or bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Place garlic, onion, lime juice, cumin, oregano, chipotles, cloves and water in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Trim all the fat off meat, cut into 3-inch pieces. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and black pepper. Heat the pressure cooker on high (use saute button for Instant Pot), when hot add the oil and brown the meat, in batches on all side, about 5 minutes. Add the sauce from the blender and bay leaves, cover and cook on high pressure until the meat is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks, about 1 hour. (If you’re making this on the stove, simmer it on low at least 4 hours, adding more water as needed to make sure it doesn’t dry out.)
- Once cooked and the meat is tender, remove the meat and place in a dish. Shred with two forks, and reserve the liquid for later (discard the bay leaf). Return the shredded meat to the pot, add 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste, 1/2 tsp cumin and 1 1/2 cups of the reserved liquid.
Serving Size: 3 oz. beef
Calories: 153 calories Fat: 4.5g Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 24g
Hello! I really hope you enjoyed the Keto BARBACOA BEEF recipe. I was happy sharing it. I’d definitely like to make it myself!
This is Marc Gil, and I’d like to thank you for visiting Live Well Corner. It’s fantastic to have you here today. I’m really into watching great healthy food videos. Glad to see that you like ’em, too. 🙂
If you really did enjoy the Keto BARBACOA BEEF ,then you may want to take a look at my additional Keto videos right here on the site. There’s plenty more to watch!
New On Keto? You can learn How To Get Started On The Keto Diet Here.
Also, please click the button below to sign up to my newsletter, so I can let you know when new videos are made available. I also have a cool welcome gift for you, which you can see next to the button.
Join my newsletter and claim your gift here…
So let’s chat a bit…
There are like a million and one diet plans available to you these days. If you’re like me, you’re probably overwhelmed by all of the options.
So once a particular diet has been chosen, and it’s time to start menu planning, sticking to your chosen diet is of paramount importance. Straying from your original chosen plan may very well lead to failure. You’re very likely to wind up in a position where you need to start all over from scratch.
This is why you definitely want to compile a small library of recipes that fit within your particular diet plan. So you’d want to compile videos ONLY related to raw-food veganism, if that happens to be your chosen diet plan.
Pretty basic stuff, right?
I only bring this up because I’ve been guilty of hopping from one plan to the next myself. Why did I do this? Only one reason…
Foods that one plan allows, a totally different diet program is likely to restrict. It’s always super tempting to dabble. They say it’s healthy, after all. So it should be okay, right? And let’s be honest. Food-based videos are often pretty damned hard to resist. 😉
Clearly, you need to stick to your chosen diet plan long enough to see results. At the end of the day, eating healthy foods and not going into a crazy caloric surplus may be enough to help you reach your goals.
Seems pretty logical, really. Eat clean, don’t stuff your face all the time, and the fat should come right off. This becomes even more powerful as you raise your activity levels.
This is conventional weight loss advice. And this is for good reason!
Of course, not all diet plans follow this model. And even if they don’t, you may want to stick with them anyway. Many diets have more of a macro-nutrient ratio focus. These are often pretty meticulously calculated, and straying from the prescribed ratio may jeopardize your results.
Stick to the plan. Give yourself a fighting chance!
Here’s My Recommendation…
Visit the Keto recipes category page on the site. There are more than enough videos to keep you interested and happy.
Then, bookmark your favorite recipe videos right in your own browser for easy access. Add them to an entirely new bookmarks folder that can be named “Keto Recipe” or whatever resonates with you.
And remember to get yourself on my newsletter ASAP so that you’re always kept up-to-date on new videos I feature on this site. As a valued subscriber, you’re also going to receive lots of pretty great weight-shedding videos that may make all the difference for you. Ya never know!
Get started by clicking the button below…
And as usual, please go ahead and leave a comment under this article and share your thoughts on the Keto BARBACOA BEEF recipe above.
Thank you for joining me!
To your happiness,