For the Slow Cooker:
- 3 (22.5 oz) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced long
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place chicken, 1 onion, tomato, carrot, and 2 cloves of garlic into the slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover, add bay leaves and salt and cook high for 4 hours until the chicken is tender. When done, remove chicken and shred with two forks; set aside. Reserve the broth.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic, onions, green peppers, and red peppers. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the cooked chicken, tomato sauce, white wine, and about 3/4 cup of the reserved broth to create a sauce. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer on low for about 8 to 10 minutes, adding more broth and seasoning if needed. Makes 4 cups.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 184.5 calories Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 24.5g
Well, how did the KETO CHICKEN ROPA VIEJA strike you? Featuring it here was fun.
Thanks for visiting Live Well Corner today. This is Marc Gil . It’s inspiring to know that you’re taking action and committing yourself to good health and tasty food/beverages. I enjoy awesome health-oriented recipe videos. I’m not the only one, it seems. 🙂
If the KETO CHICKEN ROPA VIEJA really did do it for you,then you may want to consider taking a look at the additional Keto recipe shares on Live Well Corner . I’ve got no doubt you will absolutely love ’em!
New On Keto? You can learn How To Get Started On The Keto Diet Here.
Also, if you’d like me to keep you notified whenever I share new healthy cooking videos, then go ahead and click on the button below. As you can see, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of 7 Days Keto Meal Plan as a thank-you gift.
Join my newsletter and claim your gift here…
Okay, here’s the story…
There are simply far too many potential diet plans out there. Choosing one diet over another can be a daunting task.
I believe that when a particular diet has been chosen, and it’s time to start menu planning, sticking to your chosen diet is of paramount importance. Straying from your original chosen plan may very well lead to failure. You’re very likely to find yourself in the frustrating position of having to start all over again.
For this reason, I suggest starting a diet-focused recipe library. So if you’ve chosen the ketogenic diet as your weight loss method, for example, then you ONLY want those types of recipes in your library… and nothing else.
Does this make sense?
I’ve been guilty of hopping from one plan to the next myself, which is why I bring this up. And there’s really only one reason why…
Items that one diet permits, another, seemingly equally legit diet will likely limit or completely forbid. They say it’s healthy, after all. So it should be okay, right? And let’s tell the truth. Culinary videos are often pretty darn knee-weakening. 😉
Clearly, you need to stick to your chosen diet plan long enough to see results. Of course, it could be said that any diet that focuses on all-natural foods and reasonable portion sizes can be enough all on its own.
I can certainly see the merit in that, even though I’m no diet or fitness guru. Control the calorie intake, eat clean, and the fat should come right off. Raising your activity levels will also prove beneficial (obviously).
It’s common-sense weight loss. There’s probably good reason for this!
Not all diets are calorically restrictive though. Macro-nutrient ratios are a key focus of many diet plans out there. And it’s generally not advised to mess around with those, if you’re trying to maximize your weight loss.
At least stick with one thing long enough to see results!
Visit the Keto videos category page right here on the site. I’ve compiled tons of great videos for you.
At this point, you can start bookmarking your favorite recipe videos in your browser. Compile these bookmarks into a whole new bookmark folder which you can name “Keto Meals,” or anything that’s similar.
And don’t forget to get onto my newsletter for new video share updates. I will also be presenting you with tons of useful weight reduction videos which may make all the difference for you. Ya never know!
Click the button below to sign up, and claim your FREE gift immediately…
And as usual, please feel free to comment below to let me know what you thought about the KETO CHICKEN ROPA VIEJA recipe that I just shared with you.
Thanks so much, and keep up the great work!