Keto chocolate chip scones
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Low carb brown sugar packed
- 2oz 90% chocolate, chopped into chunks (I used 1.5 Sukrin Milk Chocolate Bars)(60 gm)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4cup butter, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp maple extract
- 1/2tsp stevia glycerite (or your favorite liquid stevia to taste)
- low carb sugar(or your favorite granulated sweetener)
- .75oz 90% chocolate, finely chopped (1/2 of Sukrin Milk Chocolate Bar)(20 g)
- 2tsp butter
- 1tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and place rack to middle position. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Chop the chocolate.
- Add the dry ingredients (the first five ingredients) to a medium bowl and stir with a whisk to break up any lumps.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the butter (about 30 seconds). Add the eggs, vanilla extract, maple extract and stevia. Mix well with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and using a spoon or rubber spatula, thoroughly blend the ingredients together. Do not use a mixer!
- Sprinkle a little almond flour over the prepared sheet pan. Pour/scrape the dough for the scones onto the middle of the parchment and sprinkle the surface with Sukrin:1, so your hands don’t stick to the dough. Gently pat or roll the dough into a rectangle of ½ inch thickness. Cut into 12 pieces: first cut the rectangle lengthwise, then into 6 squares, then cut the squares into 2 triangles each.
- Gently lift each piece with a spatula and place it in its own spot on the parchment. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Put the butter, cream, and chocolate into a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until the chocolate melts. Let the glaze cool slightly then drizzle it over the scones. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or freeze) and gently heat before enjoying.
Calories: 275kcal Carbohydrates: 5.9g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 24.7g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 89mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 1g