- 5 ounces (300 g) thin pork belly strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ (37.5 g) large onion, diced
- 76 ounces (50 g) blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Turn oven to its highest setting on bake or fan forced if you have it. Somewhere around 250º Celsius is what we are looking for.
- Take your pork belly strips and place in an oven dish. Rub in your salt (fine salt like table salt works best). Ensure the pork belly is covered in a thin layer of salt.
- Place your pork strips in the oven for approx. 30-45 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They will turn a lovely crispy golden brown color and you will see the fat will render out.
- Take a pan and place the butter an onion on a medium heat. You want to caramelize the onions slowly so they are translucent and nice and sweet.
- Once your onion is cooked keep the heat on a medium and add your cream.
- Once cream is warmed through break your blue cheese in and wait for it to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted place on high heat for a minute or two then pour into a dish.
- Take your pork out of the oven and allow to cool on a paper towel. Cut into bite size pieces. Enjoy!
448 Calories, 40.56g Fats, 1.9g Net Carbs, and 19.61g Protein.