The Keto Diet Guide & Meal Plan For Beginners
Although ketogenic diet has been around for almost a century, it is rapidly gaining popularity today. There is a reason why keto is so highly regarded. It’s not a fad diet. It actually works, and it has tremendous health benefits in addition to weight loss. When on the keto diet, you are feeding your body exactly what it needs, while eliminating toxins that will slow it down.
The keto diet focuses on low carbohydrates, which the body converts into energy to help speed up weight loss. What exactly is the problem with high carbs, and why should you avoid them? Carbohydrates are converted into glucose and cause a spike in insulin. As the insulin enters the bloodstream to process the glucose, which becomes the main source of energy. A spike in insulin can also result in storage of fats.
The body uses carbohydrates and fats as energy, the former being the primary source. So the more carbs you consume in your daily diet, the less fat is being burned for energy. Instead, the spike in insulin will result in more fat storage.
What Is Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low or zero carbohydrate diet, but it differs from other low-carb diets (such as Paleo) in that it deliberately manipulates the ratios of carbs, fats, and protein to switch fat into the body’s primary source of fuel. Our bodies are used to using carbohydrates as fuel. Fats, which is a secondary source of fuel, are rarely tapped on. That means the extra fat is stored and keeps adding on the pounds.
The Keto Diet is a low-carb and high-fat diet with 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates. This means 70% of your calories are from healthy fats, 25% of calories from healthy proteins, and 5% of calories from carbs.
The only limitation on the diet is sugar, which you need to avoid. The ketogenic diet is not a fad.
Benefits Of Keto Diet
Although ketogenic diet is popularly known as a ‘rapid fat loss diet’, it is actually more to this than meets the eye. In fact, weight loss and higher levels of energy are only by-products of the keto diet, a kind of bonus. It has been scientifically proven that the keto diet has many additional medical benefits. Here is a list of actual benefits for lowering your carbohydrates and eating fats that convert to energy:
-Control of Blood Sugar
-Improve Your Health Overall
-Feel full and satisfied
-Help prevent cataracts
What To Eat On A Keto Diet? And Avoid.
Foods to Eat
1. Egg, including yolks
2. All green, leafy vegetables, as well as cauliflower, avocado, mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
3. When choosing dairy, opt for full-fat version of cheeses, butter, sour cream, yogurt, and milk.
4. Eat nuts such as walnuts, almonds, filberts, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Foods to Eat in Moderation
1. Have one serving of root vegetables, such as yams, parsnip, carrots, and turnips per day.
2. Fruits contain sugar, so treat them like candy. One small piece per day.
3. A glass of dry wine, vodka, whiskey and brandy once a week. No cocktails with sugars.
4. A small piece of chocolate with 75 percent or higher cocoa content once a week.
Foods to Avoid
1. Any food containing sugar, including cereals; soft drinks, juices, and sports drinks, candies, and chocolate. Limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible.
2. Starchy food such as pasta and potatoes, breads, potato chips, and french fries, cooking oils, and margarine.
3. All beers.
How To Get Into Ketosis In 3 Steps:
- Find Your Macros?: Use my FREE Keto Calculator
- Calculating Macros?: Use FREE App Cronometer
- Monitoring & Optimizing ?: The next step is to begin adjusting the diet so you are making progress towards your goals.
Are You Ready To Get Started?
Hi, I’m Marc Gil, Founder of Live Well Corner.
You’re ready for a new and improved you. Congratulations.
There are so many wonderful benefits to the ketogenic diet, you can expect many positive changes, both physical and mental. So, let’s not delay and get the journey started with my 4 Weeks Keto Meal Plan. All that you need to start on the Keto Diet, Complete Keto Guide (pdf & video guide), 4 Weeks Keto Meal Plan (pdf) and printables as a bonus. Click Here To Get Started!