Try this Delicious Keto Oreo Cookies.
FOR THE OREO COOKIES
- 144 g almond flour
- 37 g cocoa powder
- 13 g black cocoa powder or simply more regular cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee (optional)
- 80 g unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 128 g erythritol
- 1 egg
FOR VANILLA CREAM FILLING
- 56 g grass-fed butter
- 14 g coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 63-125 g Swerve confectioners or powdered sweetener, to taste
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda and espresso powder (optional) to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Begin to cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 1-2 minutes. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved (3-5 minutes).
- Add in egg, mixing until just incorporated. The mixture will appear slightly ‘broken’ (i.e. not thoroughly smooth).
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest.
- Wrap cookie dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate for 1 hour (or overnight). Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until nice and thin. Cutout the rounds (Oreos are roughly 1 3/4 inches in diameter).
- Transfer cutout cookies onto prepared baking tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. When ready, the cookies will have puffed somewhat and smell amazing (this is our best cue here), but you’ll want to push the baking time to get them nice and crisp. So just keep an eye out for them.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, as they’ll continue to crunch up (because of the sugar alcohol, this may take a few hours!).
- To make the vanilla cream filling, cream butter and coconut oil (or more butter) in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add in vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, and mix until fully incorporated. Add powdered sweetener to taste and mix until fully incorporated and light and fluffy in texture.
- Spread or pipe vanilla cream onto a cookie and sandwich between a second one. Refrigerate until set.
Calories 86: Fat 8g Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 1g Protein 1g