Click Here to get this Recipe in PDF & FREE 7 Day Keto Meal Plan!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 8 tbsp. powdered sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 10 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong black coffee, sweetened with sugar substitute
- Cocoa powder to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven into 400°F.
- Using parchment paper, line a 6 inch round cake tin Separate 4 of the eggs and beat the yolks with 3 tablespoons of the sugar powder.
- Fold in the almond flour and baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the cake batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Remove and cool on a cake rack.
- Separate the other 4 eggs and place the yolks into a small heat proof bowl.
- Add 2½ tablespoons sugar powder and whisk until blended.
- Place the bowl on top of a small saucepan of simmering water and stir constantly until it forms and thick custard.
- Pour the custard into a clean cool bowl and beat in the mascarpone and vanilla together with the rest of the sugar powder.
- Beat the egg whites and cream together until stiff peaks are formed.
- Carefully fold this into the cooled custard.
- In a glass bowl, place the sponge on the base.
- Pour over the sweetened coffee.
- Add the custard and distribute it evenly over the top. Dust with the cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or even better overnight.