If you love cheesecake and you love cookies, you will love these tasty lemon cheesecake cookies. The finished cookie has a soft, chewy texture that melts in your mouth and tastes a lot like a baked New York cheesecake.
These keto, low carb, grain free, gluten free and sugar free cookies are easy to make and require easily available ingredients such as: fresh lemon, cream cheese, butter, Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener, almond flour etc.
Thanks for visiting Live Well Corner today. This is Marc Gil . It’s awesome to see your smiling face over here. I’m really into great diet-friendly cooking videos. It would seem that you feel the same. ?
I get pretty excited about checking out good healthy cooking vids. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one. ?
Clearly, there are many diet plans in the world. If you’re like me, you’re probably overwhelmed by all of the options.
It’s for this reason that, when a particular diet has been chosen, and you’re looking to prepare your own tasty meals, you want to avoid looking outside of your chosen diet for meal options. Straying from your original chosen plan may very well lead to failure. You’re quite likely to find yourself needing to start all over.
This is why you definitely want to compile a small library of recipes that fit within your particular diet plan. If you’re going low-calorie, then compile low-calorie recipes.
Healthy Eating has a lot of benefits. Cutting calorie intake by 15 percent can slow aging and protect against diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s and help to lose weight.
Wishing you health and happiness,
- 140 g (1 1/2 cup)
- 65 g (1/2 cup)
- 20 g (4 tsp) unflavored
- 5 g (1 tsp)
- 5 g (1 tsp)
- 7 g (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1.5 g (1/4 tsp)
- 250 g (8 oz) cream cheese = room temperature
- 120 g (4.2 oz)
– room temperature
- 140 g (8 tbsp + 1 tsp)
- 2 large eggs
- 5 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 6 g (1 tsp) lemon zest
- 12 g (2 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 12 g (1 tbsp)
– confectionery for sprinkling on top
- 6 tsp of my truffle chocolate or
- 1. Place a fine sieve over a mixing bowl and add the almond flour, coconut flour, unflavored whey protein isolate, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until everything has passed through the sieve. Use your whisk to stir the ingredients in the bowl to combine thoroughly all the ingredients. Set aside
- 2. Place the paddle attachment onto your stand mixer. Into the stand mixer’s bowl (not the dry ingredients bowl) add the cream cheese and butter and beat at medium high speed until the butter has become light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes
- 3. Turn the speed to very low and add the sweetener. Beat for about 4- 5 minutes until the mixture is very light and fluffy
- 4. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and 1 egg, beating until well combined. Add the second egg and beat until well combined
- 5. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredient mixture one cup at a time, allowing time to just start to incorporate between each addition until all your dry ingredients have been added. DO NOT overmix
- 6. Place cling wrap to touch and seal the surface of the cookie dough. Refrigerate for 30 -60 minutes to allow dough to harden – for easier scooping, and for flavors to develop
- 7. Preheat your oven to 350 F or 175 C, place rack in the middle position of your oven
- 8. Once the dough is chilled, either use a 1 inch (2.5 cm) ice cream scoop or roll out 1 inch or 2.5 cm cookie balls. Place each cookie dough ball onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet
- 9. Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes – cookies should be very light: DO NOT overbake. These cookies are best when they are light and fluffy, a bit under-baked which will maintain their creamy texture as a cheesecake cookie
- 10. Remove from oven and leave the cookies on the cookie sheet until they cool slightly. If removing too soon, the cookies will fall apart. When the cookies have cooled, transfer them to a cooling rack until they are at room temperature through
- 11. Sprinkle the confectionery sweetener on top of the cookies, OR melt some Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate, and in a small piping bag/baggie, cut a very small tip and then zig-zag over the top of the cookies. Enjoy