For the filling:
- 168g cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tbsp salsa verde
- 4 Tbsp cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
For the egg custard:
- 6 eggs
- 5 ½ tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
For the top:
- 8 tbsp sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped or sliced jalapenos
- Combine the cream cheese, jalapenos, salsa verde, and shredded cheddar in a small bowl.
- Microwave for one minute, and then mix well until mostly smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper – beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Grease a 8 by 8 (or equivalent) casserole dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture evenly through the bottom of the pan.
- Swirl slightly but leave in clumps.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cream cheese.
- Top with the chopped bacon, shredded cheddar, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake in a 350 degree (F) oven for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
Thanks for reading my blog!