A beautiful naked vanilla sponge cake that is relatively easy to make.
The cake is amazingly moist and delicious with fresh whipped cream, raspberry and blueberry filling, and is perfect for any special occasion or just as an after dinner treat.
Since there is no heavy frosting it is perfect for summer celebrations or picnics.
The cake can also form the base of a cake you decorate with frosting of your choice. This keto cake is grain free, gluten free and sugar free.
Why hello! I really hope that you enjoyed watching the Naked Vanilla Sponge Cake video. I enjoyed sharing it. If you ask me, it looks pretty delicious!
Thanks for visiting Live Well Corner today. This is Marc Gil . It’s a pleasure having you here with me right now. I’m really into delicious-looking, healthy recipe videos. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one. 🙂
If you really did enjoy the *Naked Vanilla Sponge Cake video,then it may serve you to check out the additional Keto video shares right here on Live Well Corner. Stick around. You’ll have fun!
Additionally, please click the button below to sign up to my newsletter, so I can let you know when new videos are made available. I also have a cool welcome gift for you, which you can see next to the button.
Subscribe and claim your gift here…
I just wanted to say a few things…
There are simply far too many potential diet plans out there. The sheer volume of diet options is ridiculously overwhelming.
It’s for this reason that, once the choice has been made, and it’s time to start menu planning, sticking to your chosen diet is of paramount importance. A lack of focus is often to blame for weight loss failure. It may just have you returning to the very beginning.
Building up a diet-focused recipe library on your computer is a great idea, for this very reason. If you’re going low-calorie, then compile low-calorie recipes. If you’re a low-carber, then you’ll want low-carb recipes.
Pretty basic stuff, right? But it’s super important.
Hopping from one diet to the next is certainly something that I’ve done in the past. And there’s really only one reason why…
You’ll generally tend to develop pretty powerful cravings for whatever your specific diet program forbids you to consume, which a completely different plan totally permits, and perhaps even encourages. It’s always super tempting to dabble. And let’s be honest. Meal prep videos are, in many cases, pretty darn tempting. 😉
But the thing is, for any diet plan to work effectively, you really need to stick to it. Of course, it could be said that any diet that focuses on all-natural foods and reasonable portion sizes can be enough all on its own.
Makes sense. Control the calorie intake, eat clean, and the fat should come right off. Oh, and move that body of yours a little more! 😉
You’ll probably recognize this as the world’s most popular weight loss advice. It probably earned its right to be!
Calorie reduction isn’t the only game in town though. Macro-nutrient ratios are a key focus of many diet plans out there. And it’s generally not advised to mess around with those, if you’re trying to maximize your weight loss.
Keep your eye on the prize! Don’t stray.
Here’s My Recommendation…
Visit the Keto recipe videos category page right here on the site. These should certainly keep you engaged and on track.
After that, go ahead and start bookmarking the videos that you like in your browser. Create a whole new bookmarks folder that can be labeled “Keto Recipe Videos,” or whatever you happen to prefer.
Finally, be sure to get onto my newsletter for new video share updates. I will also present you with lots of potentially life-changing fat reduction tools which may make all the difference for you. Ya never know!
Sign up below, and claim your FREE gift…
And with that, please don’t be shy about commenting below this article to share your thoughts on the Naked Vanilla Sponge Cake video that I just shared with you.
ONE CAKE (for the double layered cake make 2 separate batches)
- 6 large eggs – separated into a bowl with yolks and another bowl with egg whites
- 6 g (1 tsp) white vinegar
- 50 g (1/3 cup)
- Lakanto monk fruit sweetener – powdered
- 70 g (5 tbsp)
- almond flour
- 30 g (2 tbsp) coconut flour
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 50 g (4 tbsp) grape seed oil
- 60 g (4 tbsp) heavy cream
- 4 g (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) baking powder – gluten free and corn free
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING
500 ml (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
17 g raspberries – fresh and ripe
50 g blueberries – wild fresh (small berries)
For one cake (layer)
- 1. Preheat oven to 150 C or 300 F
- 2. Line a cake pan with parchment paper on the bottom and on the sides – set aside
- 3. In a cup combine the grapeseed oil, vanilla and milk, stir and set aside
- 4. In a large bowl, through a fine mesh sieve, combine the almond and coconut flour and the baking soda. Pass through the sieve and then, using a whisk, combine to ensure all dry ingredients are well combined – set aside
- 5. In a mixer bowl, add the egg whites and the white vinegar. Whip to a light peak stage
- 6. Begin adding the powdered sweetener one tablespoon at a time, whipping to blend between additions. Continue until all the sweetener has been added. Whip to a stiff peak stage
- 7. Add the egg yolks and, with a balloon whisk, gently fold in the yolks until the yolks are well combined with the whipped egg whites
- 8. Add one third of the dry flour mixture and fold in, being careful not to deflate. Repeat until all the dry ingredients have been folded into the whipped egg mixture
- 9. Whisk the liquid mixture and add to the cake batter
- 10. Use the balloon whisk to blend the liquid into the cake batter without deflating. Scrape sides and bottom while whisking
- 11. Pour into pre-lined cake pan. Use a knife to cut through for air bubbles. Drop a couple of times as well
- 12. Place the cake pan into the middle position of the oven. Set the timer for 45 minutes
- 13. Without opening the oven door, increase the temperature to 170 C or 340 F and bake for 5 minutes
- 14. Then immediately turn off the oven and remove cake pan from oven and place on cooling rack. Let cake cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from cake pan and place on serving plate. Peel the parchment off carefully
- 15. NOTE: the above is for one layer of the naked cake. If you are making a 2 or more layered cake, repeat the above for each additional layer
- 16. When each cake layer is at room temperature, place into the fridge and let get completely chilled while you prepare the whipped cream
Whipped cream filling
- 17. To a clean mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream. No sweetener nor vanilla is needed. Whip to a stiff state being careful not to over-beat to ensure it does not turn to butter
- 18. If you whipped both cups of cream, take half and place onto the center of the first layer of the cake. Since this is a naked cake, do not bring right to the edge because you do not want it spilling over the edge.
- 19. To place the raspberries, gently squeeze each raspberry to flatten slightly and then place flat side down around the perimeter
- 20. Then place blueberries in between the raspberries on the outside perimeter
- 21. Put the second half of the whipping cream on top of the berries, again being careful not to let the cream go over the edge. It is a good idea to stop about 1 cm or 1/2 inch from the edge
- 22. Place the second cake layer on top of the whipped cream
- 23. Place the completed cake in the refrigerator and cool for a minimum of one hour
- 24. OPTIONAL: before serving, use a fine wire whisk and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Or leave as is. ENJOY!