This keto rum ball recipe is based on a traditional gourmet rum ball recipe that uses cookie crumbs, real chocolate, cream, Jamaican spiced rum, Lakanto gold monk fruit sweetener and a few other ingredients.
The ingredients used are chosen to create the best texture, satisfying mouth feel and, most of all, the authentic luxurious taste of really chocolatey, melt in your mouth, rum balls.
This recipe is low carb, sugar free, gluten free, grain free and an absolutely perfect Keto Christmas treat that everyone will love.
In all honesty, were you happy with the Rum Balls video? Hopefully so! Showing it to you was a lot of fun. I personally think it looks pretty tasty!
This is Marc Gil, and I’d like to thank you for visiting Live Well Corner. It’s awesome to see your smiling face over here. I’m really into diet-friendly food vids. I’m not the only one, it seems. 🙂
If you really did enjoy the Rum Balls video, be sure to check out the additional Keto videos here on Live Well Corner. I’m confident you’re going to absolutely dig ’em!
Oh, and before we proceed, if you’d like to continue your yummy weight loss journey with me, consider clicking the button below and signing up for my newsletter. As you can see, you’ll also receive a FREE copy of 19 Delicious & Easy Keto Lunch Recipes as a thank-you gift.
Join my newsletter and claim your gift here…
So let’s chat a bit…
Diet plans are in no short supply, my friend. The sheer volume of diet options is ridiculously overwhelming.
Therefore, when you’ve committed to a diet, and and you’re watching these recipe videos to get meal ideas, you need to adhere to your chosen diet plan. Straying from your original chosen plan may very well lead to failure. You just might find yourself back at the drawing board.
For this reason, I suggest starting a diet-focused recipe library. If you’re going low-calorie, then compile low-calorie recipes. If you’re a low-carber, then you’ll want low-carb recipes.
Know what I mean?
I’ve been guilty of hopping from one diet to the next. The reason for this is actually quite simple…
You most often develop cravings for whatever foods your chosen diet program restricts, which a competing eating plan 100 percent encourages. They say it’s healthy, after all. So it should be okay, right? And let’s not BS ourselves. Recipe videos are often 100% irresistible. 😉
Sticking to the plan long-term is perhaps the most important component of dieting. At the end of the day, eating healthy foods and not going into a crazy caloric surplus may be enough to help you reach your goals.
I can certainly see the merit in that, even though I’m no diet or fitness guru. Put the right amounts of the right fuel into your body, and reap the rewards of a healthy body and physique. Oh, and move that body of yours a little more! 😉
It’s the world’s most popular weight loss advice. And it’s for good reason that it is!
Of course, not all diet plans follow this model. And even if they don’t, you may want to stick with them anyway. Many diets have more of a macro-nutrient ratio focus. These are often pretty meticulously calculated, and straying from the prescribed ratio may jeopardize your results.
Give your chosen diet plan enough time to work for you. Then, if it doesn’t, at least you won’t have yourself to blame!
I Think You Should Do THIS…
Take yourself over to my Keto recipes category page on the site. There are more than enough videos to keep you interested and happy.
At this point, you can start bookmarking your favorite recipe videos in your browser. Add them to an entirely new bookmark folder that can be called “Keto Cooking,” or something else that you’ll remember.
And finally, if you haven’t already, sign up to my newsletter to be notified whenever new videos are featured here on Live Well Corner. My valued newsletter subscribers also receive loads of awesome weight loss tools and strategies which may just lead you to new levels of success that you didn’t expect!
Get your free gift and video updates by clicking the button below…
And with that, I’ll go ahead and get out of your hair now! I hope you enjoyed today’s content. If so, please do click on the Facebook “Like” button on the right sidebar. It’s only going to take you eight seconds, and it will help this site to grow. 🙂
Also, please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page and share your thoughts on the Rum Balls recipe video that you just got finished watching.
Thank you for being here with me!
200 g (2 cups)
Keto Sugar Cookies
130 g (1/2 cup) – pecans or walnuts – very small chunks
196 g (7 oz) unsweetened chocolate or cocoa powder
100 g (1/2 cup) Lakanto sweetener – ground to confectionery
30 g (2 tbsp) heavy whipping cream
70 g (1/3 cup)
60 g (1/4 cup) Captain Morgan Spiced rum or sub with 1- 2 tbsp rum extract
8 g (2 tsp)
pure vanilla extract
Melted chocolate ganache
Toasted shredded coconut
Finely chopped pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, or pistachios
monk fruit sweetener
– ground to confectionery
coarse crystallized sweetener
melted chocolate ganache
white chocolate – melted
Make sugar cookies for crumbs
1. The day before, make a full batch of my keto sugar cookie recipe. Roll the dough to about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thickness. Slide parchment onto cookie sheet and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes at 150 C/ 350 F. Remove from oven, let cool and then transfer the cookie slab to a wire rack to air dry overnight.
Make the thick chocolate ganache
2. First make the chocolate mixture. Over a bain marie set on very low heat, place a bowl and add the unsweetened chocolate chunks, confectionery sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Stir from time to time as the mixture melts. It will take about 10 minutes over very low heat. Set aside
Rum Ball Dough
3. In a food processor, grind the pecans to a fine consistency – almond flour texture
4. Add chunks of the cookie to the food processor and grind to a homogeneous consistency
5. Pour in the chocolate ganache mixture about 1/3 at a time. Pulse to blend between additions of ganache
6. Add the rum and pulse to work rum into the dough. Remove dough from food processor and place into small bowl. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until rum ball batter has hardened and is no longer sticky
7. Using your kitchen scale, scoop out 19 g or about a slightly heaping tablespoon of rum ball batter. Roll between your palms. Place the rum balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until you have made all 41 rum balls
OPTIONAL Coating – variations (not included in macro calculation)
8. Assemble the ingredients you want to use as a coating for your rum balls. I have prepared chocolate ganache. Cocoa powder, crushed pecans, finely ground pistachios, ground walnuts, coarse white sweetener, confectionery gold sweetener and edible gold sprinkles
9. Roll the individual rum balls in the ground nuts, sweetener or dip into chocolate ganache. After coating each ball, place back onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. When all your rum balls have been coated, refrigerate the tray of rum balls for 2-3 hrs.
10. For best presentation, place each rum ball into a decorative paper mini cupcake liner. Unused rum balls should be stored in a container and kept in the fridge. The rum balls will keep well for 1 – 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Or place in an airtight container and freeze, the frozen rum balls will keep for 1 -2 months when frozen. Enjoy